Sunday, April 19, 2009

I don't believe in chance anymore

We walked into church today, a little late, and Pres. Eyring was sitting on the stand. He and his wife were in town for a BYU Management something and picked our ward to attend sacrament meeting. After the planned speakers he got up to bear his testimony. He mentioned two specific things: that some of us had medical problems and some of us were living in sin and didn't know it. Ann said he looked at us (for the former not the latter I hope), and I believe her, though I was entertaining MD and didn't see. He then testified that the Savior saw the fall of every sparrow, and that we should unceasingly seek his help.

I used to think that things just happen sometimes. I knew there were miracles now and then, but for the most part I figured we were left to endure well. I have come to believe through numerous personal experiences that we're guided and cared for (not controlled) more than we think. This experience was one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment